City Departments

City Hall/Clubhouse - The Glenaire City Hall/Clubhouse is available for rental by Glenaire residents and non-residents. The cost is $50 for residents and $100 for non-residents.  The interior of the building was renovated in 2011 and is a beautiful and comfortable place to hold meetings, family dinners or parties.  In addition to serving as the City Office, the clubhouse also serves as a meeting and gathering place for both private and public functions.  It is the voting place for Glenaire residents for all elections.  You can down load a copy of the Rental Agreement/checklist   by clicking on the previous words link. Additionally, please check the Glenaire calendar for available dates.  The point of contact for clubhouse rental is the City Clerk at 816-792-4907 or 816-769-5053

Emergency Management - The Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is responsible for preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation planning, as well as coordination and support of response operations in an all-hazard approach to major emergencies and disasters.  OEM monitors local conditions and stays in contact with response agencies and city leaders on potential or actual incidents. The office works cooperatively with other local, state and federal agencies to encourage coordination at all levels of response. OEM operates a Citizen Emergency Response Team (CERT) and a Citizen Ham Radio Operations Team.  The Emergency Management Director is Jerold Ramos, a Certified Red Cross CPR/FA/AED Instructor Trainer and a Certified State of Missouri Emergency Management Agency NIMS/ICS Systems Instructor.  His contact numbers are 816-781-9842 or cell, 240-506-5948.

Law Enforcement - Marshal Randy Moore coordinates the patrol services of the City’s part-time Sheriff’s deputies who are employed to patrol the City and issue citations for violations to City Ordinances.  Marshal Moore is also responsible for follow-up on complaints made by residents regarding City Ordinance violations and acts as a liaison between the City and the Clay County Sheriff’s Department.  HIs contact phone number is 816-792-2530.

Permits and Licensing - A building permit is required on all new construction, any additions to the existing structures and some remodeling and updating  projects.  Alderman Kent Riden is the contact person for a building permit.  His contact number is 816-781-8556. You can obtain a copy of the zoning ordinance from the City Clerk also.

Vehicle Licensing - Vehicles are licensed at a Missouri State License Office.  Be sure to tell the clerk at the license bureau that you live in the City of Glenaire, not Liberty.  The sales tax is significantly lower than Liberty sales tax.  The sales tax for Glenaire residents is 5.125%.  There are no city personal property taxes in Glenaire; only Clay County personal property tax.

Street and Ditch Maintenance - Alderman Terrance Seal oversees the street and ditch maintenance.   His contact number is 816-803-6283. The City hires a contractor each fall to provide winter snow removal.  Each resident is responsible for keeping the culverts and ditches surrounding their property  free of leaves and debris in order to maintain good drainage and  to prevent damage to city streets and neighboring property. 

Tax Collection  - Clay County Tax Assessor provides the primary service as the City’s Tax Collector.   The Collector is responsible for responding to all requests for tax amounts assessed and/or due on Glenaire properties.  

Water and Sewer  - Alderman Robin Young  handles matters pertaining to the City’s water and sewer services.  she can be reached at 816-728-3169. The City’s water is provided by Public Water Supply District #2 located in Pleasant Valley and the City’s wastewater is managed by the City of Liberty.  Water rates are set by Public Water Supply District #2 and the per thousand gallon rate for wastewater management is set by the City of Liberty.  The Glenaire Board of Aldermen sets a fixed rate sewer charge each January to collect the funds necessary for billing and funding of the maintenance and replacement reserves for the City’s sewer system.